- July 2006 - Seeking cooperative backup DNS in Canberra: more details...
- Feb 2007 - Robotic Fish Project - see: Robotic Fish.
- Apr 2006 - Added Site-Flavored Google Search - see: Site-Flavored Search.
- Mar 2006 - Added a lot of MS SQL Server tips - see: SQL Tips.
- Feb 2006 - Updated free public WLAN and added Bluetooth web access for Melba residents - see: web access.
- Jan 2006 - Added ICRA content rating to site - see: web access.
- Dec 2005 - Added free public WLAN for Melba residents - see: web access.
- Mar 2005 - Added controllable simulated webcam.
- Mar 2005 - Added controllable live webcam.
- Mar 2005 - Moved Acacia web site to a dedicated web server. Fixed webcam.
- Feb 2005 - Provided free tips link updated each hour (see On-Line Services).
- Jan 2005 - Added free ideas page.
- Dec 2004 - Added more projects and an inventors help page.
- Nov 2004 - Added robots.txt file to help search engines.
- Nov 2004 - Split tips page into smaller pages.
- Nov 2004 - Added links to local news and info sites.
- Oct 2004 - Fixed a couple of links and added more.
- Oct 2004 - Redesigned site using CSS for faster performance and bookmarking.
- Mar 2003 - Added link to weather radar images.
- Mar 2003 - Security Camera.
- Feb 2003 - Web TV on downloads page.
- Nov 2001 - Guest Book operational.
- Nov 2001 - Acacia provides on-line utilities and support.
- Mar 2000 - Acacia goes on line.
- Mar 2000 - Domain name allocated.
Cooperative Backup DNS in Canberra
If you have ever experienced problems with name resolution in the past, you would realise that just having a connection to the internet is not enough. You also need to have a list of the IP address for google and all other web sites that you may need to do your job.
Acacia would like to cooperate with another individual or company in the Canberra region to establish a backup DNS facility. This facility would operate as follows:
- Site A and B must use different ISPs, each with their own DNS servers.
- Site A and B both ensure that their caching DNS server is working correctly.
- Each site allows access to their local DNS from the other site as a secondary DNS.
- If either site looses access to their normal ISP DNS, the other site could provide a secondary DNS.
- The firewalls at each site block all but the other site from DNS access. This ensures hacking attempts are eliminated.
- Details to be determined.
If you are interested, please contact Acacia Lateral Technologies to discuss this.
Current Contracts and Projects
Not able to be disclosed.
- Jan 2003 - Web based interface to asset management system.
- Aug 2002 - Develops DCOM SQL interface between Unix and PC environments.
- Jul 2001 - Telecommunications company to rate data capture.
- Mar 2000 - Consulting services to Australian Energy Company.
- Mar 2000 - Provides services in the Contestable Electricity Market.
Please contact Acacia Lateral Technologies for more information or industry references.
Perisher "Front Valley" 8th June 2003 - Beautiful!