- Infrared Interface - look for kit K3608. Note that this one only works on a 5 Volt level serial interface, but this is available on most motherboards if the BIOS is set appropriately.
- Linux drivers for infrared at http://www.lirc.org plus a range of software and hardware references.
- Remote control of your Linux system for web browsing, recording TV programs and X10 control of mains powered appliances.
- Controlling infrared devices such as your TV, VCR, DVD, Stereo from your Linux system.
- Remote control agregation and relaying via your Linux system.
- Internet connect your laptop.
Click here to check out the list of other projects.
You may also like to click here to check out the list of Artificial Intelligence projects.
You might also like to submit your idea to our Free Ideas page for the benefit of other like-minded soles.