This project is still under development. The primary obstacle is the TTL logic levels on the so called RS232 interface in the alarm system otherwise it would be plain sailing....grr
- Linux system with a spare serial port.
- Alarm system with serial interface.
- 5V to RS2323 serial adaptor for programming (Aust $165 for LA5552 from Jaycar).
- A suitably wired serial cable. Max length is 10ft at 56k or 50ft at 9.6k baud according to Cables and Networks.
- ....under development...
- If a trip is detected, bundle up the security web cam shots with a nice message and email the police with mug shots. If all your gear is stolen, at least the police have a better chance.
- Automatically set the alarm to activated under predetermined conditions or times of day..
- Control shed doors based on the same priciples.
- Tell me what you would use this for.
Watch this space :)
Click here to check out the list of other projects.
You may also like to click here to check out the list of Artificial Intelligence projects.
You might also like to submit your idea to our Free Ideas page for the benefit of other like-minded soles.